font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Wednesday 24 September 2014

The Challenge: An Overdue Update, for an Overdue Mop.

Okay, okay. I will admit. Mop might be a little bit of an overstatement. My hair certainly isn't the picture of health, but I am happily surprised by how well its doing! I recently passed the fourth month mark; it's officially been 133 days since my last hair cut and colour!

If you missed the start of my personal challenge and am wondering what in the world I am doing going this long without any up keep, you can catch up here and here!

Finally! A pony tail!

Fringe is passing the awkward stage.

I've recently had to do a bit of an overhaul in the products department. The changing season and an increase in the use of heat tools left me in a bit of a dilemma. 

No 'Poo - No More

For the majority of the summer I rode out the no 'poo or minimal 'poo trend. I went well until I went camping in the desert for a week and ended up with the WORST dandruff of my life. I'm actually not sure that I ever had it before then. Needless to say as soon as I got home I purchased a bottle of Head & Shoulders and after the very first wash I was in love. For the last four (give or take) years I have used exclusively salon quality products and I can honestly say that with one exception this is by far my favourite. I have no itches, no flakes, my hair is shinny, I can go two days without having to rewash if I choose, I have just the right amount of body and it allows my natural curls to come out. I use the Smooth & Silky collection,  but they have a number of different ones to suit any hair needs.

Old Faithful

Marrakesh Oil. An absolute life saver. I had used Argon oil for a number of months, but found it too oily for my hair. I switched about two years ago and I could not be happier. It is the only hair product, tool or accessory that I NEED. It's a miracle worker, it soaks right in, and if I didn't know better I would swear it actually repairs my split ends. Darn near perfect.

The Missing Link

As I mentioned above, I've started using heat tools a lot more lately. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a heat protection spray that I like. I find they all create a ridiculous amount of build up. Up to this point I have tried mostly drug store brands. I am trying to stay away from water based products as they cause your hair to become frizzy and I have enough of that already! 

Do you have any suggestions? What do you use for heat protection?

**Note that I am in no way affiliated with any mentioned products**

No comments :

Post a Comment