font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Friday 18 July 2014

Faith Filled Fridays: Unity.

In honour of tomorrow's impending wedding celebration I thought I would get a bit mushy and write on the verse the couple circulated with their invites!
 
"If we love one another, God lives in us, and His love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:12
 
I know I've written on the topic of love before, but in my opinion you can't have too much love! We seem to have an abundance of hate (in several forms), violence, bullying, etc. but love seems to only come in waves, and far too often only after one the above.
 
If I had to describe God in one word, it would be love. Love is the first thing I think of when I think of what living a Christ-like life looks like.
 
The bible actually talks about love in four different contexts: Storge, Philia, Eros and Agape. Storge, or affection, is the love that exists between family members, such as spouses, siblings, or cousins. In his book The Four Loves, C.S. Lewis attributes nine-tenths of all lasting human happiness to storge. I couldn't agree more. It wouldn't be a stretch for me to truthfully say that the majority of my happiness comes from those who are either family, or regarded as such. It's also a good reminder of where our happiness should come from, loving others.
 
I'm so blessed to be able to call my friend "cousin." It's one of the things you dream of when you're a little girl, doing everything with your best friend for-ev-er. While the absence of her and I becoming related wouldn't have changed our involvement in one another's lives, the fact that we are now related has just solidified God's plan in my mind. She's now becoming even more a part of my happiness, and further solidifying God's love, complete in me!
 

I love these three!
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8
 
My prayer on this day is for tomorrow's newlyweds. That they would have a marriage filled with Christ. That their eyes and hearts would continuously turn to Him in times of strength and times of sorrow. That they would learn, grow, laugh, and cry together. That they would forgive easily and love fearlessly, and that they would abound in grace. I pray that they would fight fairly, and that they would grow closer through growing closer to Christ. I pray for every happiness and blessing on these two. I'm thankful to be a part of this incredible journey. Amen!
 
Have an amazing weekend!
xo, A
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment