font family: 'Shadows', cursive;

Friday 18 April 2014

Faith Filled Fridays: Life as a Lamp.

It's fitting that I would start this blog, designate Friday as my faith day, AND think to name the blog after one of the most inspirational pieces of scripture [in my life] all in one day! 

I know that many of you may be thinking, "Life as a Lamp? Is this girl for real?" Some of you, probably those who know me best, would have thought, "No, no, it's 'I love lamp'!" [See clip here]. The truth is, the name came from one of the most meaningful pieces of scripture in my life: Matthew 5:14-16.
 

"You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:14-16
 

These verses are so profound. We are the LIGHT of the world. Me, you, your sister, neighbour, parents, we are all God's light. That is truly amazing. I always understood that God had made me, even when I wasn't a follower of Christ I knew that something had created me. But until I really spent time in these words I didn't understand what it truly meant to be made in God's flawless design! 
 

I am so blessed to have discovered this truth, and thankful for the chance to share it with you! Happy Easter Weekend!
 

xo, A

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE that you decided all of this in one day and went for it! You rock! I'm so excited for you. I know this is going to be awesome and that God will use it to bless you. Blogging can be challenging, I hope you keep at it for a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete